Michael Terfehr lives in Traverse City, Michigan first flew solo on his 16th birthday where he grew up in Southern California, and shortly after received his pilot’s license on his 17th birthday. Currently, Michael has over 11,000 flight hours and has flown over 75 different models of aircraft. Michael is currently flying several different aircraft including Cessna Caravan Float Plan, Astar helicopter, Lear 60, Gulfstream 650 as well as in airshows the L-39, Mig 17F and Mig 15 and of course here today the T-33 Silver Star (AKA T-33 Shooting Star). Michael also competed in professional aerobatics for 7 years flying the Pitts S2B, Extra 300 and the Russian Sukhoi 29 and 31. The World Aerobatic Champion from the Soviet Union Sergei Boriak professionally trained Michael in competition aerobatics. Michael Hold a FAST formation Leader Card for formation flight as well as a Statement of Aerobatic Competency for airshow aerobatics. Mike spends much of his spare time traveling the country performing in various airshows, fly-ins and formation
• Flew corporate jets worldwide for 15 years+
• Provided specialized flight instruction, aerobatic, formation and helicopter instruction.
• President and Owner of 45 North Aviation located right here in Traverse City Michigan!
• Airshow pilot and instructor for Fighter Jets Inc.
• Airline Transport Pilot Airplane and Helicopter
• Certified Flight Instructor Airplane, Float Plane, Helicopter, L-39 Fighter, MiG 15UTI Fighter. Formation
• Type Rated in multiple corporate jet aircraft.
Michael is authorized by the FAA to provide flight training in this L-39 and MiG-15UTI. If you are interested in
flight training in this aircraft contact Fighter Jets Inc. for more information.